Monday 11 June 2007

New Rugs

I was a little unsure how to continue with Cretan New Town, in that the colours I was using were being developed fairly intuitively. To move it along, however, I felt I needed to understand my colour palette properly, so that I could make the appropriate choices when it came to finishing off. That took me a while, but I finally realised the scheme is organised very loosely around a triad of cobalt blue, permanent rose and a non-specific yellow (combining with the rose to make an orange)

I haven't worked up the nerve to test this out yet.

Instead, over the weekend I started another based on a rug and icon shop I found in Crete a couple of years ago:


Rugs & Icons (beginnings)

I worked on it again today and this is how I left it:


Rugs & Icons (2nd day)

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

I bet all your paintings would look lovely in a book about Crete. What a fabulous display of wares.