Thursday 15 October 2009

Old Drawings #43


Processional Way, Civic Centre (charcoal on A2 cartridge paper)

I'm full of cold at the moment and struggling to complete my end of year accounts, so only time to post another in the Old Drawings series.

This is the third of those I did for the Drawing for Sculpture project in 1997. It's a drawing of part of the Processional Way leading into Newcastle's Civic Centre and shows an ornate bronze screen which proved a bugger to draw with wind-frozen fingers.

2 comments:

vivien said...

I do like your charcoal drawings - you should do some more now and see how similar/different they would be?

harry bell said...

An interesting thought and one I'll give some consideration to. Yhe problem is that charcoal lends itself to very tonal working and that doesn't fit with what I've been doing in paint.