Friday 19 February 2010

Buildings with Tyne Bridge


Buildings with Tyne Bridge (Oil on canvas, 9 x 12 ins) £190

I think I'm heading for an entry in the Guinness Book of Records: for the longest-running cold. The cold I developed around Xmas becomes, by turns, a cough, a runny nose, a sneezing fit then a cough .... None of which saw me in much of a mood to get things done at the Club this week. Especially as the revived central heating has brought back members keen to catch up on the gossip.

"Do you know", said Joe, "I've done nothing today but stand around and chat." Then stood around and chatted some more.

Despite all this, I did finish off Buildings with Tyne Bridge which a search of this blog suggests I last worked on in October 2008. This can't be right, because the picture I worked on today was almost complete. Maybe I did more to it at home. Anyway, there was little needed: a few windows here and there, a touch up of railings on the Bridge and there we are, another addition to my increasing collection of Small Works.

The Harry Ramsden's has moved along slowly, with work on the lettering proving a fiddly detail, but next week could see it almost - if not actually - complete.



Above Harry Ramsden's (work in progress)

4 comments:

April Jarocka said...

ah Harry. Hope you're feeling better soon. Love what you're painting. I'm painting chocolate but the pieces keep disappearing by the minute!
April.
:)

harry bell said...

I think the cold is on the wane, but I've said that before. Still feeling a bit dispirited, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Paintings of chocolate? I started one of those at Xmas, but my subject matter disappeared too.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh, these are both so cool. Hope you are better now?

harry bell said...

I'm reluctant to say that the cold has finally gone because when I said it last time, back it came. But I do think it's just about gone.

Glad you like the pictures.