Thursday 15 April 2010

Split Rock


Split Rock (Oil on canvas, 12 x 16 ins)

Back at the Club, I found the owners of the building were making up for the freezing we suffered in the Winter, by pumping out all the heat they must have saved up from that time. Still, it didn't stop me from pressing on with and finishing Split Rock.

With a little time in hand, I gave the poison dwarf in the clothes shop painting her cards and made a start on the upper part of the picture. I'll advertise for someone else to run the store, someone with greater stature. Or maybe it doesn't need anyone in it. What do you think?


Clothes Stall (work in progress)

5 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Andrew Wyeth would vote "no" to your question.

Both fascinating works, and I anticipate this clothes shop's outcome. Paint on!

harry bell said...

I'm coming round to Andrew Wyeth's thinking, Casey.

April Jarocka said...

Love both and think the dwarf deserved her cards!! lol
Well done.

Kellie Marian Hill said...

what wonderful colors on Split Rock- it really takes my breath away!

harry bell said...

April, Kellie - thank you both.