Tuesday 10 August 2010

Old Drawings #57


Collapsed Ceiling, Cyprus
(charcoal, compressed charcoal, A1 cartridge paper)


The last Old Drawing I posted was of a building I found in Cyprus with a collapsed ceiling. This is the same building, the same collapsed ceiling. The huge slabs of concrete were still attached by the reinforcing rods and swayed slightly in the wind.

Coincidentally, in that post I mentioned that I was having problems with my left eye. It's turned out that I have ocular hypertension in that eye. Luckily, there's been no damage done so far and I'm now on a course of drops whose potential side effects are too horrible to mention.

This may account for my less than full time attention to painting at the moment.

2 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

I hope the side effects are negligible. The drawing is lovely.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Jean. On both counts.