Wednesday 8 June 2011

Transformer


Transformer (Oil on board, 21 x 30 cm)

It's that period after an intensely creative spell, when I tend to roam the studio looking for something to do that won't involve too much time. On such occasions, my eye usually turns to unfinished pieces, of which there are many (too many, some may say).

Today it lit upon this remnant of a past obsession with bits of strange and possibly unsafe electrical wiring which Greece has aplenty.

So here it is finished. File it under "Oddities".

2 comments:

April Jarocka said...

I think there is nothing wrong in letting unfinished pieces 'sit' Harry. I like this one ~ a visually pleasing piece. Colours, shadows...jumps off the screen.

harry bell said...

I agree, April, nothing wrong at all. In this case, I knew there was potential in the partially completed work, but I have to admit there are some that will never realise their potential.