Tuesday 25 August 2009

Night Station


Night Station (oil on canvas, 24 x 30 ins.)

Sorry it's been so quiet here, but I'm desperately trying to finish the Red Box pictures this week. This is another you've seen before, if you're a regular reader. I wanted to finish this one for the Red Box show, too, because I thought it fitted nicely with the other views of Newcastle I plan on showing.

The photograph is as accurate as I could get it, but still displays a little lightness in the upper half (from my strip light, I guess).

5 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

Beautiful.

Casey Klahn said...

This is a very solid painting that shows your strength, Harry.

Dark blue, high greens and some oranges - perfectly made.

harry bell said...

Jean, Casey -- thank you both.

Kevin Williams said...

Nice one Harry.
Kev

Simon Jones said...

Like this one a lot, it kind of conveys a sense of romance and excitement about travel and the city. Love the idea that the city acts more or less as one person at certain times of day, whether commuting or breaking for lunch.We all know how silly the game is but its good to join in, bit like charades.