Monday 14 December 2015

Monday Washing Again.




















Washing WIP (acrylic on canvas board)

Apocryphally, it takes three weeks to establish an activity as a habit, so back at Gateshead Art Society on Friday for the second week in a row, I felt I might be getting back into a routine. Of course, although I plan to be back there this coming Friday, it'll be the Xmas Party that day and no work will be done. So unless I can get some work done on this painting this week, the impetus may be lost.

On the other hand, I took it along to a meeting of the Painters' Group on Saturday and for the first time in a very long time, our tutor, Bill Varley pronounced my picture "good." As is often the case, he'd rather I did very little more to it and I'll probably not take his advice, but it was encouraging to get some praise.

No comments: