Sunday 4 June 2017

Friday at the Club




















WIP (Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12 in)

For reasons which will become apparent in the fullness of time, I can't say much about this painting that I started at Gateshead Art Society on Friday afternoon. 

What I can say is that due to the quality of the photographs I collaged together to make the subject and the fact that I was working at a forty-five degree angle rather than having the canvas upright on an easel, I've ended up with a perspective that is woefully awry.

I suspect the height of the main structure is as shown on the left of the painting and that I've exaggerated the right hand side. Mr Google has provided me with some additional photographic reference and after I've studied it, I'll start correcting the faults. It shouldn't be difficult, but I've always been my worst critic and so can't help being annoyed with myself.

I'll probably post some of the stages of the corrective work, if you think it might be of interest.

No comments: