Monday 5 February 2007

Run, Zip, Run!

They're dropping like flies. Everybody. Round about. Turkeys too. Poor Patsy123 spent the night evacuating from both ends. I live in fear and trepidation. Can I escape this plague of intestinal disorders? At least until after I jet off to the Lone Star State on Thursday?

My friend Doctor Bob is full of good advice:

Hot curries in general help sweat things out by stimulating secretions from the linings in the nose & sinuses. Hence the chilli cure. Also cinnamon is an excellent antiviral and antibacterial. (Which is why you shouldn't mix cinnamon and live yogurt - it becomes cinnamon and *dead* yogurt.) The specific action of turmeric is as an anti-inflammatory - it is very good against arthritis for that reason.

That settles it . I intend to spend the next few days gorging on lime pickle to ward off the malaise.

3 comments:

jafabrit said...

oh, will brinjal pickle work, lime pickle isn't my cup of tea. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. It's nice to meet a fellow geordie and artist also. I'm from the Leam originally, all my family still there.
Your painting of the northern run is really something by the way.

harry bell said...

Thanks for calling in. I'm sure brinjal will do just fine - both chilli and turmeric in there.

"Geordies here, Geordies there, Geordies every ..." well, we'll not pursue that any further.

I was born in Bensham, but now I'm in Low Fell. Haven't moved very far really.

Glad you liked the Great North Run picture. It's been well-received but the size puts buyers off (it's 4x4 feet)

Anonymous said...

wow that size makes it even more phenomenal.


I rarely meet a fellow Geordie over here, and when I do we seem to go into a frenzy of geordie speak lol! I miss hearing Geordie, hence the need to listen to bbc newcastle even if the show is a load of tosh.

jafabrit