Thursday 16 September 2004

Up to the top of the hill.....

Yesterday was one of mixed blessings.

Last Wednesday, on an ad hoc trip into the Hexhamshire countryside with Will Barrow, we called into a gallery that Will had visited once before. Set on the brow of a hill, it has a beautiful view out over rolling fields and woodland.

I got talking to the gallery's director and finally edged in a query as to whether she might be interested in showing my work. Turned out she was quite amenable, so I gave her a website where she could check some things out.

By the time I got home, there was an email letting me know which of the works on display she liked, and suggesting I follow up with some actual work.

Which is what Will and I did yesterday. In another day of glorious sunshine, we loaded up the car with pictures of varying sizes and headed off to the gallery.

While Will sat and looked at the collection of tractor seats, I showed my wares, and after an hour or so, we were able to leave with five pictures going on display there.

It's days like that, which make things seem about to go right. Except that more was waiting at home to shake me out of any complacency.

No comments: