Monday 15 July 2013

Still here ....
















I thought I should reassure my Regular Reader that I'm still here, still standing, still soldiering on.

Last month I had an operation on my left eye. It's taking time for the effects of that to settle down and I expect there will be other difficulties along the way, but I haven't given up my art. I had to lay down my brushes in March when I found it too awkward to work and I've yet to pick them up again, but I do have ideas whirling in my head for future projects.

Meanwhile, other things are also taking up my attention. I have a new computer which is giving me things to sort out to make it work the way I want it to and there's a house move looming. The latter will require a great deal of Declutterisation (go on, it must be a word!), so that 's occupying my thoughts a lot.

All of which I hope goes to show why there haven't been posts on the billboards down Boogie Street. I hope you'll stick with me, though: there's life in the old dog yet.

8 comments:

Jimbairn said...

Sounds like the perfect excuse to start wearing a monocle.

harry bell said...

If only my mustachios were long enough to twirl!

Anonymous said...

Yay. New Computer!!
kev

harry bell said...

Indeed, Kev, but no speakers connected yet, or scanner or printer, or even any Photoshop loaded.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to some fine new paintings by you Harry.

--
Bruce T.

harry bell said...

Thank you, Bruce.

Ian Bertram said...

After my own problems over the last year or so, I lost a lot of weight (and I didn't have much to start with) Most of this was from muscle so I lost a lot of strength. My doctor has now sent me to the local gym, a place I haven't seen for over 50 years. I now religiously turn up three times a week and work my way round the various machines.

It seems to be working but I still have a potential op on my foot to deal with a cyst which because of my history of infections could in the consultants words be 'limb threatening'.

The perils of age eh?

harry bell said...

Good luck with all of that, Ian. Growing old's no fun sometimes, but it's better than the alternative.