Thursday 16 March 2017

A Little Acrylic




















Bird Table (WIP)
Acrylic on 20 x 20 cm canvas.

Although the new studio is still in chaos, I made an attempt to get some painting done yesterday. I have a few of these very small canvases so I prepared them with a variety of base colours (burnt sienna in this case) and made a start on this bird table painting.

My Regular Reader may recall it's based on a sketchbook drawing I did at Ingleby Lodge in 2015 and which I recently played about with in Photoshop. I'm still struggling to get to grips with acrylics. Instead of using medium I worked with the colour straight from the tube, but found the consistency of the different makes (and possibly ages of the tubes) not terribly compatible. Despite that, I'm relatively happy with the way things are going and am optimistic enough to want to start one or two more.

No comments: