Monday 3 February 2020

Monday Monday ...

Paul at the Biscuit Factory
(0.5 marker in A5 sketchbook)

There's a new gang of urban sketchers in town. Colin H has organised a weekly outing for his friends to go out sketching on a Monday with the idea, I guess, as my Mother would have put it, to "get the smell blown off you." He kindly invited me too.
"Meet at the same time," his email said.

"What's the same time?" I asked, not unreasonably.

"The same time as last week, of course."

"I wasn't there last week".

To his credit, he apologised and gave me the information.

Anyway, a nice day out was had, despite the furious winds, with the Mondaymonday Sketchers at The Biscuit Factory. I couldn't see anything from the balcony because of the people in between, so I drew Paul.

Then I drew Trudy.


Trudy at the Biscuit Factory
(0.5 marker in A5 sketchbook)

It felt good to have made some marks on paper again, but by then I'd drawn everyone within range and the wind was getting colder, so we retired to the cafe for coffee.

No comments: