Thursday 28 October 2010

The Orange House


The Orange House (oil on canvas, 40 x 40 cms)

What happens beyond the Archway will have to wait. Today, I took this painting to the Club and finished it.

It's one of those paintings that leaves me puzzled. I began it at the same time as the Archway picture, but it seems to have turned out completely differently (allowing for the fact that the Archway picture isn't finished).

Sometimes paintings really do take on a life of their own and no matter what you want them to be, they simply have to be true to their own nature.

4 comments:

Jean Spitzer said...

works well. Maybe same figure in archway?

Casey Klahn said...

So wonderful - I just noticed the pink, too.

harry bell said...

Jean -- I was thinking about a figure. Then I wasn't. Then I was ...

Casey -- thanks. I'm increasingly fond of pink with orange.

Kevin Williams said...

Nice one. Like it.
Kev