Tuesday 19 May 2009

Parcelforce lets me down

I used Parcelforce to deliver my paintings to the Lloyd Gill Gallery. This is the third time I've used them and the previous two times I found the service relatively satisfactory. I did have to call them on the first occasion when they failed to turn up to collect the parcel within the "window" I'd given them, and sure enough the same thing happened again this time. The advice I was given when I phoned up was that the "window" is only a guideline.

Leaving aside the relatively pointless idea of offering a window which can be ignored, what has annoyed me this time is that although I paid for next day delivery, the parcel, which was collected on Friday, was not delivered until today. This, despite my having paid an additional £12 premium for a Saturday delivery.

I've asked for a refund. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have joy!
re Twitter it has its uses in that it saves on wofel if you need to say something good for links...still working out possibilities!

harry bell said...

Thanks, Chris. I'll report back on how things go with Parcelforce. Maybe even in Twitter!