Thursday 24 November 2011

Getting Back to It


Fallen Tree (work in progress)

Actual work has suffered recently as repairs are being done to the house and I've continued to mull over ideas for painting. A few attempts at different ways of working, mainly on paper, have been inconclusive but some of what I achieved has, I think filtered through to my current oil paintings.

This one is an combination of a landscape and a fallen tree seen in Bishopdale last year, which I started late last night, working through until the small hours.. I'm pleased with how it's progressing, although I think I'll have to address the fact that right in the centre of the composition are two trees. Not a good idea to put things there.

2 comments:

Trevor Lingard said...

Harry this has worked well. I like the composition and I`m led in to the painting with the tree stumps.
Regard

harry bell said...

Thanks, Trevor. I always appreciate your comments.