Sunday 5 August 2012

Cambridge Folk Festival














I never found out who they were.



















Keb Mo



















Who knows?

For our Xmas present last year, Pat's son and his partner gave us tickets to the Cambridge Folk Festival this July. A long wait for a Xmas present to come to fruition, perhaps, but well worth the wait.

The tickets we had were for the Saturday of the Festival and when we got there the band shown in the first photograph were playing. I never found out who they were, but I made my first attempt at photographing the acts then. I soon came to realise that for decent photographs you needed to be much taller than I am, so these are the only shots I came away with.

I discovered that standing up for the best part of elevn hours is not kind to my back, but eventually I found ways of coping with that and the sheer amount of music we saw made it all a great experience:

Fay Hield and the Hurricane Party
Tim Edey & Brendan Power
Habbadekuk
Keb Mo Band
The Unthanks with the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band
Nanci Griffiths
Roy Harper
... and finally - The Proclaimers. Who knew The Proclaimers could be so great!? Naturally, this is what they finished their set with:

No comments: