Sunday 29 January 2017

My Dad's Diary : Wed 29th January 1947

"Doris taken ill with pains at 5 am. Ambulance left 2 pm.

IT'S A BOY!!!!   H.R.B."

And so we come to the reason I think the diary was kept all those years (I've found no later ones) and why I thought it might be fun to share it with you. It's my 70th birthday today.

The significance of the "H.R.B." is that my Dad's name was Henry Robert Bell and he was named after his father whom he thought the world of. So it meant something special to him to be able to name me after his father. And yes, all three of us were called "Harry" anyway.

Whether I carry on with the rest of the year's entries is probably up to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done, Harry. I've enjoyed this glimpse into the past

harry bell said...

Thanks, Anon.