Sunday 13 June 2004

Build it and they will come...

A week or so ago, JonnyB mentioned that he has a couple of self-imposed rules when it comes to blogging.

The first rule of blogging is: You do not talk about blogging

The second rule of blogging is: You do not talk about blogging.

No, sorry, got a bit confused with Fight Club there. But he did say he never writes about blogging. And I'm beginning to think he might be right.

For reasons which I have no intention of rehearsing here, my blogging seems to have aroused some quite strange and overheated reactions in various private email conversations recently. I find it all quite baffling and it becomes increasingly clear that it may be a mistake to let your friends know you're blogging. Certainly, I can see why someone would choose not to.

So maybe this is the last I'll have to say on the matter. I'll just keep my thoughts about blogging to myself and get on enjoying it. Which I do.

No comments: