Sunday 1 June 2008

Hello & Welcome

It’s been a long time coming, but it was inevitable really. Once the blog changed from being an on-line writing exercise to the artist’s blog it is now, I knew it would be only a matter of time before I’d cast off the Mr Zip persona and add this to the surprisingly large number of references the Interweb holds about me.

Other bloggers have begun referring to me as “Harry” anyway, and the sidebar links and references to “Harry Bell artwork” were definitely a bit of a giveaway.

It took some time to trawl through the back catalogue of postings to make sure I hadn’t said anything rude about anyone who might now find me more easily and then be offended. But apart from a couple of totally irrelevant posts which I deleted, and a bit of bad language that I left alone on the basis that it was how I felt at the time, I haven’t changed a thing.

So here we are, a new look to the blog and a more open approach to the world. And now, more than ever, your comments are encouraged and welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! How wonderful that you have 'come out', Harry. As you say, you have been writing a lot more about your art practice, and so it's a good thing to let your name become well-known. I remember initial qualms when I started blogging.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Marja-Leena. I'm still shivering in my virtual nakedness, but I'm sure that will pass.