Friday 6 June 2008

WorkArt

I was recently contacted by WorkArt, who were interested in taking some of my paintings for leasing to some of their clients. I think this is a splendid arrangement. I get to free up some space in the studio, the work gets seen, the clients get to live with some nice pictures, and at the end of the month, there's some money in my bank account.

Today, I sent off four pictures, one of which is this little thing which had languished in the To Be Looked at Again section of the studio for some time. Adrian, of WorkArt, was particularly keen on taking this, so although I hadn't even signed it, I let it go. (The photograph, too, was rather hurried, and suffers from reflections)




Montezuma (Oil on canvas, 15 x 18 ins)

The painting is based on a sketchbook drawing I did on a day out at Royal Quays Marina in 2002. The boat had belonged to a fisherman who had died recently. His sons, who had no interest in fishing, made plans to take their father's body out to sea in the Montezuma, and scuttle it, but the Coastguard intervened.

As a result, when we visited the Marina, the two sons were hard at work doing the boat up so that they might at least earn a bob or two by taking others out to sea (though not for burial)..




Montezuma (2B Pentel pencil, 8 x 10 ins., sketchbook)

2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

Very enjoyable!

harry bell said...

Thanks, Casey.