Tuesday 21 April 2009

Auchterarder: 4th Day


St Serf's, Dunning (Pencil, watercolour, A4 sketchbook)

We split into the same two groups again today (something of an unwelcome practice, I think), and we three went into Auchterarder for groceries, then investigated two pubs in the area in the only sensible way - a pint in each.

Across from the Kirkstyle Inn (good pint of Thrappledouser) is St Serf's Church and a man there will come out of his little hut to tell you more than you thought you might possibly want to know about this lovely old building. He's a treasure, absolutely wasted there, but perhaps quite content.

Anyway, he encourages artists to paint and draw in and around the church, so we sat down in the churchyard, in the glorious sunshine, and I produced this small effort. I've said before, I'm no watercolourist, but it does come in handy for "colouring in".

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am really enjoying these. I love holiday sketches, much better than snaps.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Sarah, I'm inclined to agree and anyway, have a policy to keep snaps out of Boogie Street for the most part.