Thursday 3 June 2010

Paintings & Prints


Paintings & Prints (oil on canvas, 40 x 40 cms)

Pushing the painting style dilemma to the back of my mind, I had a good day today, pressing on with this painting in the Shops & Stalls series and finishing it. I feel this series is going well and my initial enthusiasm for it has had a resurgence.

Not to be defeated with the Winter painting, however, I've done a little more to the Night Station 2 picture. I know it looks as if I've depicted the mouth of hell but have patience. It'll come right in the end.


Night Station 2 (work in progress)

4 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

What I like about this stall is your mixture of planes and depths. Great tension!

Also, I am attracted to the orange - blue scheme.

harry bell said...

Those are the things i liked, too, casey. Thanks. I think this photograph may not be as good as it should be - there are more subtleties in the colours, I believe. I'll try for a better one later.

Mel said...

Night Station 2: what a wonderfully moody piece!

harry bell said...

Welcome, Missy Ricco. All my paintings used to be as moody as this one, but I lightened up.