Wednesday 7 July 2004

Overweening Ambition


George & the Dragon (oil on canvas, 16 x 20 ins) Posted by Hello

Things have gone well today. The new 3 x 4 painting has moved along remarkably well, thanks in part to a return to Spectragel, the fast-drying impasto additive. Inevitably, of course, the figure - undoubtedly the most successful part of the painting so far - has turned out to be too small. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet, wipe her out and redo her. Bollocks.

Mo came round today with her digital camera and took a photograph of what will probably be my image on the publicity. I'm happy enough with it. That's it above.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is shaping up to be a total loss as far as painting is concerned. I managed to get an appointment with a doctor of uncertain pedigree at 9.10 tomorrow morning.

That'll be a laugh. Me getting up in time to make an appointment at 9.10!

Then I simply gotta see my mum. She'll be running out of ciggies.

And to round the day off, a much-postponed visit to the dentist for at least two fillings. Oh joy.

I can see I'm unlikely to get all the paintings done I'd hoped to, unless I really knock myself out. Ambition will be the death of me yet.

No comments: