Thursday 22 July 2004

Not so curious.

I sat in the Figure 8 Show again this afternoon and that is called Invigilating.

And I finished reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. And it was very good and I enjoyed it a lot.

But it made me sad for a while because it made me think of someone I loved very much who died aged 34.

And 19 people came to look at the show. The first two people were Indians. The next two people were a man and his wife and then two people who were ladies.

The ladies spent more time looking at things (8 minutes and 34 seconds) and giggling, which is what ladies do a lot. But they took away a copy of the Press Release and were interested.

And then four people came in. Two of them left after 2 minutes and 16 seconds but the old lady knew you had to stand back from the pictures to see them properly and then her daughter did that too. But they left after 4 minutes and 22 seconds.

And while they were there a woman and three small children (one boy and two girls) came in and they looked at everything in 1 minute and 47 seconds.

And after a while I got bored. And I sang quietly to myself "This is boredom you can afford by Cyril Bored," and I wondered if anyone would know why, if they heard me.

And so I ate a Boots Meal Deal. That was a Greek Feta Salad Wrap and a bottle of still raspberry and mango spring water and a packet of Walkers Max Paprika Flavour Deep Ridge Potato Crisps and everything cost £2.49.

The Walkers Max Paprika Flavour Deep Ridge Potato Crisps were in a red packet and I liked that. And there was a picture of a very big crisp on the front and underneath it was a line of small print which said Not actual size.

And that made me laugh.

But nothing else made me laugh this afternoon until Patsy123 arrived from London at 15.09. And that made me happy because she is not a stranger.

No comments: