Sunday 8 February 2009

Working on Free Trade (Post 500)



Free Trade Inn (work in progress - 2nd day)

As promised, here's how the Free Trade Inn picture looked when I left it on Thursday. In modifying the sky colour, I've lost the edge of the roof, which I'll have to re-establish next time. The bushes and foreground need a little extra attention, without getting them too defined, and the boats will need a bit more work. Finally, the stonework on the wall behind the boats should have a little light colour dragged over it, the way I've done with the darker streaks, followed by scraping out of the mortar lines. I think it's coming along well, though, the way it is.

[I just realised that this is my 500th post. Who'd a thunk it.]

6 comments:

owenswain said...

It is coming along, very well.

harry bell said...

Thanks, Owen.

Casey Klahn said...

All of the angles! very cool.

I am searching for a solution on a boat image - this gives me a starting point to see how you've handled this.

harry bell said...

Glad to be of help, Casey, if indeed I am.

vivien said...

this is coming together nicely now

harry bell said...

Thanks, Vivien, I think you're right.