Wednesday 16 July 2008

Closer to the Edge of Town



Edge of Town (work in progress)

I worked for a few hours on Edge of Town yesterday, adjusting colour, sharpening up edges, glazing here and there, and I think the upper part of the painting is beginning to work. Time to move on down.

My final adjustment of the day was to repaint the sky. This has brought out the colours in the top floor of the building and produced a kind of unreal naturalism, an effect I didn't plan but rather like.


I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else.
-- Pablo Picasso

2 comments:

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

love the Picasso quote, this seems to be true about everything, not just art....

harry bell said...

It does, Elizabeth. I guess that's what makes life so interesting. Welcome to Boogie Street.